The Reasons For God

If you're a believer, looking for a debate or attempting to make a correction - this forum is just for you!

Prayer tested

Postby dobbie » Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:36 pm

byBijane:
We may not have met Jesus, but his promises have been tested again, and again. Prayer, for example; so, so many studies, especially on medical terms.

This claim is a really false. I'll have Iron Chairots Wiki address it:
http://wiki.ironchariots.org/index.php?title=Prayer
dobbie

Re: Prayer tested

Postby bijane » Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:40 pm

dobbie wrote:This claim is a really false. I'll have Iron Chairots Wiki address it:
http://wiki.ironchariots.org/index.php?title=Prayer

I know, the point was some cases of prayer have worked: some people have been cured because someone prayed for them. The context of this statement was more important than the sentence itself.
Disproving the Bible in a signature:
Revelations 22:18 ...If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book
Revelations 23:1 And God said 'hi'.
(I'm still fine)
bijane

Prayer in medicine?

Postby dobbie » Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:41 pm

biBijane:
What does the Bible say on treating wounds? It's a history, and advice on spiritually living your life, it says very little about medicine.

I could've sworn that you just got through saying that prayer works in medicine.
dobbie

Re: Prayer in medicine?

Postby bijane » Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:42 pm

dobbie wrote:
I could've sworn that you just got through saying that prayer works in medicine.

That line was semi-sarcastic just to demonstrate the futility of taking one possible explanation for an event.
Disproving the Bible in a signature:
Revelations 22:18 ...If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book
Revelations 23:1 And God said 'hi'.
(I'm still fine)
bijane

Postby dobbie » Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:48 pm

byBijane:
You've taken on an optional way of looking at things without evidence, as you yourself said, and yet appear to criticize me for what you see as the same.

The question was, “What else could explain?â€
dobbie

Postby dobbie » Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:56 pm

Dobbie Quote:
Are you joking? The Confucian, Hindu and Buddhist religions stem from the Christian God?

byBijane: I was stating simply the fact of divine worship

Uh, nuh-uh? As follows:
BiJane Quote:
[Mohammed] took on the basis of Christianity however, even claiming to use the same God: it's notable that all the major religions in the world stem from the Christian God, supposedly.
dobbie

Previous

Return to Believer's Backlash