My arguments for the Spiritual and for God- personal reve...

If you're a believer, looking for a debate or attempting to make a correction - this forum is just for you!

My arguments for the Spiritual and for God- personal reve...

Postby spiritualtruthseeker » Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:03 pm

I know these arguments have not yet convinced a single atheist or secular person for religion/spirituality or God but no one has really disproven them. I had a personal revelation. If there is something wrong or can be disproven, please post here. Here goes:

This is a question to all atheists. I think I heard atheists saying something like they sought God for many years and were religious and could not find God. I question the legitimacy of such claims. Have atheists(at least internet atheists) sought God and failed? When I searched for God I found him. I will tell you who I am right now. I am 23 years old now and am suffering from mental illness. I have been a seeker since I was 15 in 2005. I am a seeker, a paranormal research fan, a mystic and a spiritualist. I wanted to expand my mind, find enlightenment, find God and truth for about 8 years now. Since almost the very beginning I have had spiritual experiences I sought so much. If you're an atheist reading this, here is a question: Have you ever done anything mystical, spiritual or researched the paranormal? Because all those are related to religion. I believe now since you cannot search for God externally, you can find him internally. And such would be through a mystical experience. I had these experiences so I know God exists. Let me talk to you about these kinds of experiences. They have to do with psychic ability, prophecy, energy work, astral projection and enlightenment. I have been seeking spiritual/mystical experiences and a treatment to my mental illness and had some interesting and weird things happen to me. I was doing brainwave entrainment to experience astral projection and while I failed at projecting I experienced a huge energy rush. I think that happened when all my chakras were being stimulated. At that point my mental illness was gone and I felt like my normal self. Wow! Eventually that ended when I ejaculated. How can doing those things cause an ejaculation? I think I was being stimulated internally. Some of my friends proved they were psychic by telling me my mental condition and people around me. Here are more spiritual experiences:

Once I was doing brainwave entrainment and I got to a special sound made by a respectable person in the community I was in and he said he was inspired by something higher like a god. You see I was sick with mental illness and in depression and I even forgot about it. When I listened to those sounds I became well for 24 hours! I felt so good and so normal. I was awakened. Its as if God has inspired this brainwave entrainment just for me. I was a slave and didn't even know it. Then I really searched the truth and asked God many times to prove to me he exists. I now have reasons to believe he does exist. I had those health problems and prayed very often. Then miracles started happening to me. First of all my friend has a prophetic vision of me being healed by a brown-skinned woman. But let me be completely honest with you: he did not have a vision. He makes a lot of things up and I think later he said he made it up. But this is not all. I go to a psychic and pay her about $7. Very cheap for what she gave me. She gave me the name and address of an alternative healer who uses spiritual and eastern medicines to heal. She was also very respected in her field. So I show her picture to my friend and he says she looks EXACTLY how he imagined her. He got scared. This miracles don't stop here. There's two more. The second miracle is of her psychic powers. So while I occasionally go to her office for health, I had an inner transformation happen to me while contemplating at home. Sort of like the self-realization the New Agers, Hindus and Buddhists talk about. Ever since then I transformed. Its like I became enlightened. Externally I was the same but internally I had an explosion. So I go to the psychic healer lady and don't act any different or say anything and she was like "WOW, what happened to you?!". She was very very surprised ever since she saw me that day. She saw my transformation. It was a miracle. Since then when I found the evidence for reincarnation my fire of internal enlightenment grew significantly. The final miracle is that when she sent me and my mother energy, we felt it strongly. Sometimes energy works for me other times it doesn't. But this one I have felt strongly and I didn't think anything would happen then. These miracles make me a firm believer in spirituality.

But what about other miracles? Miracles happening all over the world. I heard a story once that someone was sick and they invited some people over including a priest. The priest says let us pray and they did. Then at time the person was healed! Just when they prayed. Or what about the fact the paranormal phenomena like ghosts exist? This is from my other question: "The phenomena we CALL "ghosts" exists. Anybody can go to a location where the phenomena is known to happen, bring along an instrument or two, like an EMF detector, thermal and UV camera, etc. and experience the phenomena for themselves if the happen to be there when an event happens. It can be detected and Measured, as well as seen by several witnesses. What more proof could one want, especially after every other explanation would not apply. No, it does not prove that the phenomena we CALL "ghosts" are actual "spirits of the dead", That's just the traditional folk explanation, but it does demonstrate that the phenomena itself, whatever it is, is real." Or what about Edgar Cayce? He was one of the greatest psychics and was able to tune into the Akashic Records in trance and give readings for various subjects. He was a real psychic/prophet. Here is a detailed analysis proving Edgar Cayce had psychic powers: http://www.michaelmandeville.com/phoeni ... apter4.htm . Evidence Nostradamus was a true prophet: http://www.spiritual-knowledge.net/huma ... adamus.php . Or what about this one: Reincarnation. At the University of Virginia division of perceptual studies they are investigating children who are claiming to be a deceased individual and know many details of that person. They can give many details including the person's full name, address, date of death, mode of death, friends and relatives and intimate knowledge about that person that only that person and/or close other people to that person can know. Not only that but about 35% of all the cases have in-born illnesses that the deceased person had before they died. Other similarities include astrological similarities, physical and mental features such as same body time, same facial structure, same phobias, same philias, same personalities etc... The child may also have skills that the deceased person had before they died including the ability to speak a language or dialect the child never encountered or knowing how to dance without any training or knowing how to play an instrument without learning. This is reincarnation.

Here is info on those Ouija board from someone who uses them: "First of all, I would like to start off by stating that I have read all of the reviews posted below this one. I guess opinions are like [*], everybody has one so here is mine. I did my fare share of research on this product before using it so I know a great deal about it. So I would like to dispute some of the reviews below mine.1. IS IT JUST A TOY?I do not believe that it is just a toy or a "sub-conscience" thought. I have been using a Ouija Board now for several years and have seen my fare share of unexplainable things.I don't believe it is sub-conscience b/c even though we may both have known the answers to the questions and the correct spelling of the answer (ex. names, place) the board would spell it differently. It has accurately guessed the exact amount of change in a certain named persons pocket (with us not knowing how much) several times.2. THE OTHER PERSON IS MOVING IT!I know for a fact the other person wasn't moving the planchet b/c i have asked it questions that there is no way the other person would have known. It has also spelled out a word or number that I was thinking of in my head without the other person knowing it. 3. IT DOESN'T MOVE AT ALL!If its not working it generally has something to do with the users. Often it is b/c a negative, "I think this game is [*] anyways" person it using it. Concentration and the setting is crucial. Such as the lighting and location of where you are playing. People who are sensitive to spiritual energy have the best luck with this game and I have seen rare cases when they can use this by themselves.4. THE SPIRITS ARE ALWAYS EVIL.Negative. Not all the spirits are evil. If you get one that is and you do not wish to speak with them let them know that and go to good bye on the bored and ask specifically for a non evil spirt.5. It is truthful.It is not always accurate in its answers so don't believe everything it says and don't bet on it. The spirit is also not always who they claim to be either. So beware.***BEWARE OF ALSO WHEN ASKING A SPIRIT TO PROVE ITS PRESENCE. That pretty much gives them permission to come into your world. Thats when the weird stuff starts happening. I'm not saying this always happens it just really depends on the person's spiritual energy. Spiritual energy is what draws in spirits. Ex. psychics and mediums draw in boo koos of it. ****Close your portal by saying good bye on the board. I would rather be safe than sorry.You may think I am crazy but just note that I think this way due to the outcome of my own personal experiences and tons of research. Everything in this review is true and accurate other than my opinions... thats something you will have to see for yourself!!"
spiritualtruthseeker

Re: My arguments for the Spiritual and for God- personal rev

Postby EnlightenmentLiberal » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:52 pm

Put as nicely as I can: I'm sorry. It's not convincing.

For starters, you need to propose a methodology that allows me to distinguish fact from fiction. The easiest person to fool is yourself. I am not dedicated to materialism, but I am dedicated to the values of science and the scientific method, including honesty and critical thinking. Critical thinking is constantly asking yourself: Might I be wrong? How would I know if I'm wrong? How could I test if I'm wrong? Let's go do that testing.

Furthermore, you are probably suffering from something called confirmation bias.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias
You remember all of the hits, and forget all of the misses. A proper statistical analysis on every event of your life would show nothing out of the usual. If you figure that one thing happens to you every minute or so, and if you give the odds of how improbable or how unlikely a "miracle" is defined to be, then you can show that everyone experiences "miracles" through chance alone every day. It's called Littlewood's Law.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Littlewood%27s_law

So again, I need a way to distinguish between truth and fiction, and one which takes into account proper statistical analysis. Even if every incident you say happened did happen, even if it happened to me, I would not find it convincing, because I have a basic understanding of proper statistical methods. You need better evidence.
EnlightenmentLiberal

Postby spiritualtruthseeker » Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:29 am

Hello EnlightenmentLiberal. Thanks for the sincere answer. I find my experience convincing. I know your reply didn't increase my doubt. I can tell from the way I feel. No one has ever seen me achieve enlightenment me ever told me I changed. Only that woman. She is also respectable in her field and had many successes in healing patients. This experience convinced me and a few other people. I am looking and still cannot find anything to doubt this experience. It may have no value to someone else but it has value to me.
spiritualtruthseeker

Postby EnlightenmentLiberal » Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:44 am

If her healing is as good as you say it is, has she publish reports in a respected journal? Both to win prizes and respect, and moreso to get the techniques out in the literature so that other people can be helped. Or is her healing inscrutable to science? And if it's inscrutable to science, then I say it's not even there.

EDIT: You said that nothing I have said has made increased your doubt. Let me ask you this - is there anything that would? What would that look like?
EnlightenmentLiberal

Postby spiritualtruthseeker » Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:32 pm

Yes I know when some skeptic or atheist gives something I think is evidence of the paranormal as natural it makes me feel bad.
spiritualtruthseeker

Return to Believer's Backlash