I speak to Jesus

Encountered a "new" argument that we haven't addressed? Post it here.

I speak to Jesus

Postby hayman » Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:30 pm

How can you communicate/argue with a person who claims to have a two way speaking relationship with god and Jesus?
hayman

Postby Cephus » Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:54 pm

Ask that they provide information that they could not possibly know, but which God, being all-knowing, ought to. If they cannot answer, then they cannot be talking to God.
Want to know more? http://BitchSpot.JadeDragonOnline.com
Religion is a mental disease.
Cephus

Postby hayman » Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:50 pm

Yea, I tried that. They say crap like…. Well god does not have to prove himself to me or them. Uhh!
hayman

Postby Cephus » Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:51 pm

God can't pony up, claim disproven. Easy as that. Or you can try the same thing with Vishnu, say that Vishnu told you God doesn't exist.
Want to know more? http://BitchSpot.JadeDragonOnline.com
Religion is a mental disease.
Cephus

Postby Louisup5 » Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:21 am

"Well Napoleon and Elvis told me Zoroaster was the correct one, sorry." Then again, he won't see the connection, anyway.
Louisup5

Postby Ughable » Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:51 pm

Simple, whip out the old Invisible Dragon. Try to point out that there's no perceivable difference between his conversations with Jesus/God and his pretending to do so to anyone observing. Tell him it's okay for him to believe that, but to not expect anyone else to believe him when he uses it as an argument.
Ughable

Postby GodBeLess » Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:45 pm

Back away slowly.

Honestly, I don't think there would be any point in arguing against someone who seriously hears voices in their head. Medical attention is what they need.
www.splittingoftheadam.blogspot.com

My Heathenish Atheist Blog, Go have fun there.
GodBeLess

Re: I speak to Jesus

Postby tlhedglin » Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:08 am

hayman wrote:How can you communicate/argue with a person who claims to have a two way speaking relationship with god and Jesus?

Tell them that Jesus is telling you that they are talking to Satan, and you can prove it. When they ask how, ask them to tell you something ONLY Jesus would know that is not written anywhere on Earth. When they cannot respond tell them that Jesus told you that he used to watch them masturbate...
tlhedglin

Return to New Arguments