Problems with the audio files

A place for discussion and feedback regarding the Non-Prophets podcast and/or the Atheist Experience TV show.

Problems with the audio files

Postby tomfoss » Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:11 pm

For several episodes, I've been having problems with the podcast files; I've noticed it mainly on Non-Prophets, but I seem to recall that it's happened with Atheist Experience as well. The symptom is frequent skipping, usually just a fraction of a second, but enough that syllables and words are swallowed pretty often. I assumed it was because I'd been having issues downloading from iTunes, with the download starting and stopping frequently, but I've downloaded the new episode twice now on different devices, with a consistent connection, and I'm still having this problem. It's unfortunate, because it makes it very difficult to understand this episode's interview.

I can't speak for everyone else, but the problem's pretty apparent on my file from about 12 minutes in. Anyone else experiencing this? Any way I can remedy the issue?
tomfoss

Postby Mythman » Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:00 pm

I've been having the same thing; I think that's what Matt alluded to on this weeks NP. Whatever it is, it's irritating.
Mythman

Postby Cephus » Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:09 pm

No, it's not iTunes, it's all of the feeds and, as Matt said, in the original. I think some of it may be due to the speed of the laptop he's using to record the show, it may not be up to the task all of the time and you get audio skips. Luckily, it's not for the entire show and I'm sure if he can do something to fix it, he will when he gets the chance.
Want to know more? http://BitchSpot.JadeDragonOnline.com
Religion is a mental disease.
Cephus

skipping

Postby Juju » Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:54 pm

I also have this problem. It is very irritating. Almost not listenable.
Juju

Return to Non-Prophets / Atheist Experience Forum