No Non-Prophets for a month or so

A place for discussion and feedback regarding the Non-Prophets podcast and/or the Atheist Experience TV show.

No Non-Prophets for a month or so

Postby ChristOnIce » Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:30 pm

subject
Hitler burns Anne Frank for a day, and it's evil.
God burns Anne Frank for eternity, and it's just.
ChristOnIce
 
Posts: 107
Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2006 7:35 am

Postby CroatianAtheist » Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:28 pm

A bit of info wouldn't hurt....
English is my third language :-)
CroatianAtheist
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 11:39 pm
Location: Zagreb, Croatia

Postby Shamar » Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:45 pm

Damn....Non Prophets and AE are my two favorite podcasts to listen to while at work.....and I'm already halfway through 2006 in back episodes (been going backwards from present), I'll probably run out of episodes by time they get back on air :-(
Shamar
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:42 am
Location: College Station, TX

Postby Mythman » Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:52 pm

no NP sucks, but if the man has to work, the man has to work.
Mythman
 
Posts: 211
Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:04 pm
Location: Virginia

Postby Shamar » Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:56 pm

Mythman wrote:no NP sucks, but if the man has to work, the man has to work.


Oh yeah, I agree....


....I can still sulk a bit though, lol....:-)
Shamar
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:42 am
Location: College Station, TX

Postby Cephus » Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:17 pm

Mythman wrote:no NP sucks, but if the man has to work, the man has to work.


I entirely agree, I don't fault Matt for a moment for putting more important things first. I can't help thinking that it may be time for the show to find another home, at least in the interim, outside of Dillahunty International Studios.

Or Matt could just let the crew use his living room for 2 hours every other week, hopefully he trusts these people enough to do that.
Want to know more? http://BitchSpot.JadeDragonOnline.com
Religion is a mental disease.
Cephus
 
Posts: 246
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:55 am
Location: Redlands, CA

Postby Mythman » Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:54 pm

Cephus wrote:I entirely agree, I don't fault Matt for a moment for putting more important things first. I can't help thinking that it may be time for the show to find another home, at least in the interim, outside of Dillahunty International Studios.

Or Matt could just let the crew use his living room for 2 hours every other week, hopefully he trusts these people enough to do that.


I would imagine it would be a chore to set things up somewhere else, and it would really have to be more than 2 shows' worth to make that worthwhile.

As for letting them use the living room, that seems like it'd be doable, but I dunno. If Matt telecommutes, it might be too much of a distraction; I would imagine he'd be jumping in in spite of himself from time to time. If he doesn't, then maybe he's just not comfortable having a bunch of people at his place while he's not there. Frustrating for us, but I can understand that. I can be sort of the same way.
Mythman
 
Posts: 211
Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:04 pm
Location: Virginia

Postby Sans_Deity » Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:11 pm

There is no "living room". I'm currently crammed into one room until I get to a new place. On some weekends I have to work from home, so that makes things difficult.

As for letting the rest of the NP folks use my house while I'm away...sure, I trust them, but I like them too much to dump all of this in their lap.

First of all, they'd have to deal with Max and setting up the soundboard, laptop, desktop, mics....nobody else even knows how to do that. I could correct that.

Maybe I'll get a new intern.
Sans_Deity
Iron Chariots Admin
 
Posts: 700
Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:47 pm
Location: Austin, Tx

Postby DallasHeathen » Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:15 pm

I'm already jonesin'.
Is there a God? Find the answer at The Official God FAQ.
DallasHeathen
 
Posts: 298
Joined: Mon Oct 30, 2006 5:40 pm
Location: Dallas, TX

Postby Mythman » Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:05 pm

Sans_Deity wrote:As for letting the rest of the NP folks use my house while I'm away...sure, I trust them, but I like them too much to dump all of this in their lap.

First of all, they'd have to deal with Max and setting up the soundboard, laptop, desktop, mics....nobody else even knows how to do that. I could correct that.


That's the other thing I was thinking about, but I wasn't sure because you weren't active tech-monkey during the summer AE. Or didn't appear to be, anyway.

Good luck sorting things out; take all the time you need. We'll just be that much giddier when the show comes back, is all. :D
Mythman
 
Posts: 211
Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:04 pm
Location: Virginia

Postby Cephus » Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:53 pm

Sans_Deity wrote:There is no "living room". I'm currently crammed into one room until I get to a new place. On some weekends I have to work from home, so that makes things difficult.

As for letting the rest of the NP folks use my house while I'm away...sure, I trust them, but I like them too much to dump all of this in their lap.

First of all, they'd have to deal with Max and setting up the soundboard, laptop, desktop, mics....nobody else even knows how to do that. I could correct that.

Maybe I'll get a new intern.


It was just a suggestion, it's your house, you get to decide what happens. Lately, your job and your girlfriend and real life in general has gotten in the way and trust me, I understand it and am glad that you've got a life outside of the ACA and would never for a moment suggest you sacrifice any of it. You deserve it and I'm very impressed at the amount of work that you do for the community every week, just the stuff we end up seeing on our end, I'm sure there's a ton nobody ever gets to see.

That said though, is there an end to the disruption in sight or is this something that's going to go on indefinitely and maybe a compromise or a change ought to be considered? I know it's already been stressful, seeing as you lost all of your free weekends over the summer when your living room became AE Central, now it would be nice to see you get your time back and have shows come out regularly all at the same time.
Want to know more? http://BitchSpot.JadeDragonOnline.com
Religion is a mental disease.
Cephus
 
Posts: 246
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:55 am
Location: Redlands, CA

Postby Sans_Deity » Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:44 pm

There is an end in sight...products have delivery dates and in December I'll be firmly stating: "no more weekend work". Our new boss has already expressed the same view.
Sans_Deity
Iron Chariots Admin
 
Posts: 700
Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:47 pm
Location: Austin, Tx

Postby Shamar » Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:32 pm

Sans_Deity wrote:There is an end in sight...products have delivery dates and in December I'll be firmly stating: "no more weekend work". Our new boss has already expressed the same view.



*yay* I'll be looking forward to it :-)
Shamar
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:42 am
Location: College Station, TX

Postby Ughable » Sat Nov 07, 2009 3:39 am

Okay I guess... there just better be a 2 hour War on Christmas special whenever you're ready to do a new episode.
Ughable
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:23 pm
Location: Round Rock

Postby Shamar » Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:12 am

Ughable wrote:Okay I guess... there just better be a 2 hour War on Christmas special whenever you're ready to do a new episode.


Oh hell yeah...that sounds fun!
Shamar
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:42 am
Location: College Station, TX

Next

Return to Non-Prophets / Atheist Experience Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron