Free Will vs. Determinism on Reasonable Doubts podcast

A place for discussion and feedback regarding the Non-Prophets podcast and/or the Atheist Experience TV show.

Free Will vs. Determinism on Reasonable Doubts podcast

Postby DallasHeathen » Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:00 pm

I posted in this forum because of the marathon Non-Prophets episode from a couple of years ago.

The June 7 and June 14 episodes of the Reasonable Doubts podcast are devoted to the topic of Free Will vs. Determinism.

The hosts of RD had made some points about the subject, which a Christian radio show had made objections to. Jeremy Beahan from the RD podcast then went on this show (the Don Johnson Show) to correct their misunderstandings, and this show is the bulk of their June 7 podcast.

Then the June 14 podcast is further discussion. I haven't listened to this one yet.

In the NP podcast from a couple of years ago, I solidly agreed with Denis's points, and the RD folks take the same position but have a more solid foundation of philosophy and psychology to base it on.

If you don't already subscribe to Reasonable Doubts, it's excellent.
Is there a God? Find the answer at The Official God FAQ.
DallasHeathen

Postby eimerian » Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:06 pm

Ah Reasonable Doubts. The methadone treatment for non prophets withdrawal :P
Jesus saves.
Do not remove memory card, controller, or reset/switch off the console.
eimerian

Postby Mythman » Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:26 pm

And here I was trying to use the Skeptic's Guide to the Universe. How silly of me! TO iTUNES!

Though, to be honest, I've got nearly 500 unlistened podcasts and might die if I try to catch up. Ah well, it'll be worth it.
Mythman

Postby mvester » Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:06 pm

I have been filling in the void with a Canadian podcast at http://www.thegoodatheist.net
I can do one thing that God can't, I can prove that I exist.
mvester

Postby Mr.Blahface » Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:20 am

Irreligiosophy is also a good alternative. They are ex-Mormons from Utah. They are very funny and are a great source for Mormon ridicule.
Mr.Blahface

Return to Non-Prophets / Atheist Experience Forum