Trolldar

A place for discussion and feedback regarding the Non-Prophets podcast and/or the Atheist Experience TV show.

Trolldar

Postby SkyDaddy » Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:43 am

Can we get the hosts of TAA a better trolldar, some of these callers are either obvious trolls or are so idiotic that they shouldnt be bothered with. Some of the time wasters have accents and it feels more like a english lesson than a theological debate.
SkyDaddy

Re: Trolldar

Postby SkyDaddy » Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:45 am

This last episode Tracy and Russell let the "troll-finder" guy go on for waaaaaaay too long...
SkyDaddy

Postby Fyrebrand » Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:30 am

I find it pretty annoying, not to mention pathetic, when a prank caller or a troll calls in just to mess with the show. Those guys are just incredible losers with nothing better to do with their time, clearly. I really hope that "Matt from Oslo" guy stops calling.

That said, I'm sympathetic to the difficulties the call screeners can have with identifying who is a prank caller and who is truly that stupid and inarticulate. They've said it before on the show, and it's true: no matter how ridiculous the caller may sound, there really is someone out there who believes that -- so you might as well address the point thoughtfully for those who are watching. Some of my all-time favourite clips from The Atheist Experience actually involve some of the most idiotic-sounding callers, because the hosts actually bothered to give an insightful and meaningful response.

Remember when "Mark" from the Austin Stone Church kept calling in? For some reason, it was concluded that he was a fake, though I actually don't know why. He sounded pretty believable to me, although he was kind of a ridiculous guy. Honestly, though, I loved it every time he called in because of the way the hosts dealt with him. It actually resulted in what might be my #1 favourite moment of the show, ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pf-4NJAYAvg
Fyrebrand

Postby hemibill » Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:55 pm

Fyrebrand wrote:Remember when "Mark" from the Austin Stone Church kept calling in? For some reason, it was concluded that he was a fake, though I actually don't know why. He sounded pretty believable to me, although he was kind of a ridiculous guy. Honestly, though, I loved it every time he called in because of the way the hosts dealt with him. It actually resulted in what might be my #1 favourite moment of the show, ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pf-4NJAYAvg

I honestly believe that he actually is the comedian Dane Cook and he was calling in not necessarily to prank the show, but to start some specific discussions.

Near the end of one of his calls, he giggles and says 'We love you guys', which I believe was Dane slipping out of character.

But I could be wrong. ;-)

BILL
hemibill

Return to Non-Prophets / Atheist Experience Forum