Hi from Austria

Post your introductions and welcome messages here

Hi from Austria

Postby sepia » Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:35 pm

Who I am
I come from Austria and I'm 22 years old. My hobbies are movies, piano playing, counter-apologetics and poetry.

What I have to do with atheism
As far as I remember I was always an atheist, to be accurate an agnostic atheist. So I have no conversion story to offer. But I'm still member of the Protestant Church, since I'm too lazy to exit. My church is very liberal and far away from fundamentalism.

I don't understand why people are religious and as a teenager I thought religious myths were just fun and so called proofs for the existence of god just fun. I don't remember, when I realised the truth. But I remember, that I began to critizise Apologetics when we discussed the Onthological Argument in school. I was the only person in the class room critizising it. Even the teacher didn't care. :shock:
This was about 5 years ago and since then I tried to disprove every theistic argument I've found.

Once I was very sympathetic to taoism, describing myself as a pantheist. I stopped after reading The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins, because I agreed, that natural laws aren't God.

So, I think these are the most important things you have to know about me. If you have other questions I will answer them.
Last edited by sepia on Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sepia

Re: Hi from Austria

Postby dobbie » Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:54 pm

sepia wrote: This was about 5 years ago and since then I tried to disprove every theistic argument I've found.

Hi, sepia. I was intrigued by your self introduction. I'm also an agnostic atheist.

What was one of the theistic arguments that you tried to disprove?
dobbie

Postby sepia » Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:19 pm

Recently new arguments I discover became very rare, so I guess I know almost every argument for the existence of god. For example I found a version of thekalam argument by Neil Mammen. It is not as famous as the argument by William Lane Craig. And in this time I didn't know that it is called Kalam Argument. I found many arguments online, for example in youtube videos and on crab sites like yahoo clever. Some I tried to disprove befor discovering counter-apologetic web sites, like rational wiki or ironchariots.
sepia

Postby dobbie » Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:27 am

I read N. Mammen's "Agent X" article you mentioned in your post, and I guess my reading the overly long thing goes to show how quite crazy mad I am. Then I made a few comments on it in the General Discussion section.

http://forum.ironchariots.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4368
dobbie

Return to Who's Who (Introductions)