roughhouse

Postby roughhouse » Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:24 pm

roughhouse

bad atheists hate Christmas

Postby dobbie » Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:22 pm

[color=green][03:50] Ray Comfort: Recent bad atheists “hate Christmas.â€
dobbie

Postby Orestes » Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:39 am

He's a modern day Spinoza. I'm convinced the media uses him to lend credibility to a movement against religion. I don't think we need religion anymore, their doctrine is etched into our conscience now. We don't despise it because people grew a heavy heart in high places, that would be all too human. It's no longer useful to manipulate the masses unconsciously but; it still imspires idealism, it inspires people to act on a principle they'd have not the courage in themselves to grasp. That was the price we paid when the state was still a religious one, less so than today, I think: so the fear is yet greater.

That doesn't make me any friend of the people who liberate us from religion. They are no friends in my eyes. That would be watching the Titanic sink, motionlessly gazing at drowning men and women, traumatized with despair before at last, returning to extricate them from the wreckage, to use them as slaves. None of them could prove a sincere conscience or genuine concern. It is all too obvious to me, what they are. They are still en masse, tools of the state; Voltairean emissaries.

Infact now, I see faith as a liberating principle today despite the original insidiousness of it's doctrine. Today: the age of reason, faith to me represents the last thing on earth still in unison, whereas all other sources are are an infinite reprieve, infinite refrain. Faith inspires people to act on a single principle.
"If complete indifference is required for freedom, then there is scarcely ever a free act. For even if by chance, the reasons are equal, the passions will not be"-Leibniz
Orestes

Postby DjVortex » Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:47 am

It would be nice if when someone like Ray Comfort or Kent Hovind's son goes to a Christian talk show and starts spouting absolute nonsense about evolution or other branches of science, the host would actually say something like: "Er... I don't really understand. I don't think the theory of evolution says that."

Sometimes I think there's an unwritten silent agreement between host and guest in such Christian shows that the host will never, ever disagree with the guest, no matter what kind of nonsense he spouts, even if the host happens to know inside that maybe not everything that the guest is saying is actually accurate.
DjVortex

Return to Media Madness