Pretending to know things you don't know

Post links to video, audio, images or other media items. Funny or informative

Pretending to know things you don't know

Postby dobbie » Mon May 13, 2013 5:42 pm

Faith: Pretending to know things you don't know
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qp4WUFXvCFQ
37:40

Although I watched the following video all the way through, I didn't think it was worth it.

The gist of the video presentation is that, first of all, the atheist in the video defines words such as "faith" and "hope," the way he says they apply to Christian faith and hope. But I say he should have a Christian there with him to agree, disagree, or say whatever on his own behalf.

Secondly, the guy in the video is out of luck when he defines "hope" as being less meaningful than faith is. I say that, because Paul writes that Christians should have faith and hope--Paul uses those words--and I don't think that Paul meant to convey the idea of merely keeping your fingers crossed. Or did he?

Anyway, I say that the guy in the video needs to hear from a Christian or two in response to what he says about "faith" and "hope." As it is, however, he tells Christians what their faith is all about. Okay, so let a Christian say what his faith is all about, too. A sound bite here and there from a Christian. I think the guy in the video was too one-sided. Yeah, I agreed with some stuff he said, but he should hear from the other side, too.

And that's my review.
dobbie

Return to Media Madness