Hello

Open discussion for all registered members.

Hello

Postby Steve » Sun Jul 16, 2006 1:21 am

Hi, everyone. I heard the link for this place on episode 5.12 of The Non-Prophets and thought I'd register on the forums. Hopefully, other people will find their way here and we'll get some interesting discussions going.
Steve

Re: Hello

Postby Kazim » Sun Jul 16, 2006 5:42 pm

Steve wrote:Hi, everyone. I heard the link for this place on episode 5.12 of The Non-Prophets and thought I'd register on the forums. Hopefully, other people will find their way here and we'll get some interesting discussions going.

Hi, Steve! Good to have you here. Feel free to browse the wiki, and if there is an article that you find conspicuously missing or incomplete, jump right in and get a discussion started.
If you did not like the writing style in this message, then you will certainly not enjoy my blog, which is at:
http://kazimskorner.blogspot.com/
Kazim
Iron Chariots Admin

Postby ShaunPhilly » Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:44 am

I also heard about the forum from the non-prophets (in my case, via podcast).

I'm looking forward to adding to and learning from this awesome tool.

Shaun
I'll fight for a person's right to speak so long as that person will, in return, fight to allow me to challenge their opinions and ridicule them as the content of their ideas merit.
ShaunPhilly

Postby Blu_Matt » Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:51 pm

Same here (via podcast) and I thought the choice of domain was particularly inspired! ;-)

Keep up the good work.
But honest men do not pretend to know; they are candid and sincere; they love the truth; they admit their ignorance, and they say, "We do not know." - Robert Green Ingersoll, "Superstition" (1898)
Blu_Matt

Hey Kazim :)

Postby sofaking6 » Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:35 pm

I've put this in my favorites and will be keeping an eye out...if I have some time (still in surf-at-work mode) I will do what I can to contribute.

sofaking6

Hello all.

Postby l1soul » Sat Jul 22, 2006 5:06 am

Heard about this on the Non-Prophets too. I also saw Kazim's post on TMF's Atheist's board.

This is a great idea and I'd like to contribute. I don't know much about Wiki etiquette. Does one just jump in and start hacking awa...I mean writing with wit and style?

However things are done here, I hope to be of some use.

I'll be checking in again soon.

l1soul.
l1soul

Postby waynus » Sat Jul 22, 2006 8:16 am

I heard about it through the Non-Prophets pod cast as well. Looking forward to some interesting discussions.
There is no fire like hatred, no rushing river like craving, and no snare like illusion. Buddha

Random thoughts at
http://waynus.blogspot.com/
waynus

Re: Hello all.

Postby Kazim » Sat Jul 22, 2006 5:37 pm

l1soul wrote:Heard about this on the Non-Prophets too. I also saw Kazim's post on TMF's Atheist's board.

This is a great idea and I'd like to contribute. I don't know much about Wiki etiquette. Does one just jump in and start hacking awa...I mean writing with wit and style?

However things are done here, I hope to be of some use.

I'll be checking in again soon.

l1soul.

Start hacking. If you do something stupid, somebody will fix it. The more people we have, the quicker things will be caught.

Also, there are a ton of new articles that need writing. Sometimes just writing the skeleton of an article is enough to encourage someone else to braindump all they know on the subject.
If you did not like the writing style in this message, then you will certainly not enjoy my blog, which is at:
Kazim
Iron Chariots Admin

Postby Kathy_4 » Sun Jul 23, 2006 7:01 pm

Sorry for this double post...
Last edited by Kathy_4 on Sun Jul 23, 2006 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kathy_4

Postby Kathy_4 » Sun Jul 23, 2006 7:02 pm

:P I also learned via the podcast. I hope we can get into some good debates/discussions here. Seeing, most of us are probably atheists, maybe we could also have some "doctrinal" disputes. lol...

Is anyone else having trouble sending messages on this board? Everytime I click on it, it's called it an error and I have to backspace.
Kathy_4

Postby Kazim » Sun Jul 23, 2006 8:14 pm

Kathy_4 wrote::P I also learned via the podcast. I hope we can get into some good debates/discussions here. Seeing, most of us are probably atheists, maybe we could also have some "doctrinal" disputes. lol...

Is anyone else having trouble sending messages on this board? Everytime I click on it, it's called it an error and I have to backspace.

I think I have the same problem. The posts show up anyway, though.

Edit: Posting worked that time with no problem.

Oh, and welcome Kathy! Always glad to hear from more new listeners.
Kazim
Iron Chariots Admin

Postby Sans_Deity » Mon Jul 24, 2006 5:20 pm

Kathy_4 wrote:Is anyone else having trouble sending messages on this board? Everytime I click on it, it's called it an error and I have to backspace.

It's happening for everyone and I'm not sure why. If I get some time, I'll try to correct it. Fortunately, the posts are still getting through despite the error.

-Matt
Sans_Deity
Iron Chariots Admin

Postby Kathy_4 » Mon Jul 24, 2006 5:21 pm

Thanks for the welcome! :P
Kathy_4

Postby Carneades » Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:25 am

I'm another Non-prophets fan. The wiki is a great idea, and I'd love to contribute. Hopefully this site can become a 'talkorigins' for atheology.
Carneades

Postby Steve » Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:18 am

Welcome aboard, new people. 8)
Steve

Next

Return to General Discussion