Hello

Open discussion for all registered members.

Postby l1soul » Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:39 pm

Hullo! l1soul suggested I join as he will be using a long-winded post of mine from another board for one of your subjects.

Hi Moonglade. Glad you decided to join us.

Thanks for letting me use this article.

I'm going to create the initial article for Satan now. I'll have to mark it as a work in progress since I won't have much time to put together cross references and links until the weekend. And I'll problably split it into two articles at that time since, IMO, the info on early hebrew history deserves its own entry.

CyberSee ya 'round...Ed M.
l1soul

Postby Moonglade » Thu Aug 24, 2006 4:16 am

Thanks, guys!

I agree on the post being the basis for at least two articles if not three. In order to answer the question about Satan in the Hebrew Scriptures, I sort of had to address who the Hebrews were and how their Scriptures were formed and evolved.

You may find some additional stuff worth stealing at Khalou's Korner at TMF: I was engaging bhinton there for a while. Pure jello. But I did a pretty good analysis of the expectations of the Hebrews/Jews re: the characteristics of the awaited Messiah vs. the Christian definition of the same. Not sure if that would be useful here but there you are. I also did some research into Isaiah and how its mistranslation in the OT (as opposed to its correct translation in a English Tanakh) was used to support a Christian Messiah concept completely lacking in the original Hebrew.

Later!
Moonglade
"When we fly through the night as beautiful nighttime birds." - The Gathering
Moonglade

Postby l1soul » Sat Aug 26, 2006 8:31 pm

You may find some additional stuff worth stealing at Khalou's Korner at TMF: I was engaging bhinton there for a while. Pure jello. But I did a pretty good analysis of the expectations of the Hebrews/Jews re: the characteristics of the awaited Messiah vs. the Christian definition of the same. Not sure if that would be useful here but there you are. I also did some research into Isaiah and how its mistranslation in the OT (as opposed to its correct translation in a English Tanakh) was used to support a Christian Messiah concept completely lacking in the original Hebrew.

Thanks for the suggestions MG. I might just check them out. But I've got a coupl'a-three things on my interest list before I look into these. Of course, there is no real reason that you should wait for me. I think the wiki site benefits from your knowledge and you're just the person to distribute it.

Glad you decided to join us.

Ed M.
l1soul

Postby Moonglade » Sun Aug 27, 2006 11:33 pm

Time being an issue lately, I'll see. Apparently there's a hurricane bearing down on me....
Moonglade
"When we fly through the night as beautiful nighttime birds." - The Gathering
Moonglade

Postby LaPalida » Wed Aug 30, 2006 4:13 pm

Hi,

I just registered and thought I'd say hello :) . Love the Non-Prophets podcast (that's how I ended up here). My bf and I have decided to help you guys out with graphics (us being 2 designers) and other artsy related things as well as editing the wiki. Keep on keeping on.

Cheers.
Where Bishop Patrick crossed the street
An "X" now marks the spot.
The light of God was with him,
But the traffic light was not. -Yip Harburg
LaPalida

Postby Sans_Deity » Wed Aug 30, 2006 7:24 pm

Welcome! Any and all help is appreciated, but artsy stuff is especially cool. Apart from uploading some stock images and messing around with some minor layout changes, I haven't really tried to make the site pretty.

Feel free to ask questions here or on one of the discussion pages. Leaving a notice at my user page is one good way to get my attention.

-Matt
Last edited by Sans_Deity on Mon Sep 04, 2006 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sans_Deity
Iron Chariots Admin

Another Newbie

Postby HanSolo » Mon Sep 04, 2006 7:35 am

I just registered too, after hearing about the site from one of the podcasts. Great show by-the-way, I love both Non-Prophets and the A.E.

I'm thinking about helping adding some stuff to the arguments in the Wiki, especially Kalam/Cosmological and Teleological args, if there's an interest.
HanSolo

Postby Carneades » Wed Sep 06, 2006 3:30 am

Hi, HanSolo.

I see that you are another SoCal resident. If you live anywhere near Orange County, you might enjoy attending our monthly Orange County Atheists meetings (ocatheists.com).
"We have begun to contemplate our origins: starstuff pondering the stars..." -Carl Sagan
Carneades

Re: Another Newbie

Postby Kazim » Wed Sep 06, 2006 2:41 pm

HanSolo wrote:I'm thinking about helping adding some stuff to the arguments in the Wiki, especially Kalam/Cosmological and Teleological args, if there's an interest.

Of course there's interest!
If you did not like the writing style in this message, then you will certainly not enjoy my blog, which is at:
http://kazimskorner.blogspot.com/
Kazim
Iron Chariots Admin

Postby HanSolo » Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:02 pm

Carneades wrote:Hi, HanSolo.

I see that you are another SoCal resident. If you live anywhere near Orange County, you might enjoy attending our monthly Orange County Atheists meetings (ocatheists.com).

Oh, there is an OC Atheists group!!! Awesome! I'll check it out, and see when I can make it. The kids just started school again, and the schedule is a bit more messed up, but I'll take a look at the website.

I'm working in OC, and live only 30-40 minutes away.
HanSolo

Re: Another Newbie

Postby HanSolo » Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:05 pm

Kazim wrote:Of course there's interest!

Kwl. Currently I'm debating with a Muslim on another forum about the Kalam+Teleo args, and when I'm done I will try to compile a document with all the different arguments I have. Some of them are new so I'm sure many of you want to scrutinize the contents before it goes into the site.
HanSolo

Re: Hello

Postby atheist_in_a_foxhole » Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:47 am

Hi, I've been listening to the Non-prophets podcast for quite some time now, in arrears, and just now got caught up to the present month. I have also just now got around to checking out Iron Chariots in earnest. Still exploring, and glad to be among friends. Keep up the great work and keep those Non-prophets podcasts coming.
atheist_in_a_foxhole

Re: Hello

Postby atheist_in_a_foxhole » Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:55 am

By the way, I am also located in the Saint Louis area, and would be glad to meet for lunch sometime, if you're interested.
atheist_in_a_foxhole

Previous

Return to General Discussion