Access Requests forum

Feedback, questions and concerns about the forums

Access Requests forum

Postby Steve » Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:35 pm

I think a better way for people to let you know that they want to register would be to have them contact you directly through an e-mail account that you could set up specifically for that. It would probably be a lot easier than deleting all of the spam that shows up in the Access Requests forum. It would also be a lot less nauseating for members who click the "view new posts..." link and see spam for things like father/daughter incest, before you have a chance to delete it. You could, then, just delete the Access Requests forum so that the spam will have no place to be posted. You could, also, make it read-only with a message telling people how to request access, if you don't want to delete it.

Just a thought.
Steve

Postby jhawksgirl » Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:54 pm

Don't click that forum. Unless you're a moderator, I would wait for people to post in "who's who" or another forum.
jhawksgirl
Forum Moderator

Postby Steve » Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:21 pm

Well, when you click on the "view posts since last visit" link, you get results from every forum, not just the forums you want.
Steve

Postby hencethus » Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:12 pm

I think it'd be easier for everyone if reCAPTCHA was used. It's free. It helps digitize books where OCR software fails. And there's a plugin for phpBB2.
hencethus

Return to Forum Feedback