Logo and Style Design

Feedback, questions and concerns about the Wiki

Logo and Style Design

Postby LaPalida » Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:22 am

Hey guys. I didn't know exactly where to post this. I think this is the closest forum I could get to (sorry if it's the wrong one). Anyway I was trying to redesign your logo. I'm still working on it so this is just a small test to see what direction you guys think I should go. I have a few ideas but I would like your input:

1. A pictorial logo with horses and driver, pretty straight forward and reminiscent of the logo you guys currently have just done more graphically.

2. A more graphic approach, more minimalist, using an element like the wheel, or a horse's head in the logo. That's good for the favicon in the address bar, sort of like it is there now.

3. A symbolic approach, here is where I'm going to need some help with ideas. Someone suggested horses trampling the Bible, it's funny but it's always a bad idea to depict your "competition" so to speak in a logo or advertisement... because you're drawing attention to them instead of making your own identity.

4. A combination of any 2 or more of the above ideas.

Here is what i have so far. This is far from finished, just something I was exploring. Let me know what you guys think is the best direction to take or if you have any more bright ideas or styles that you think will fit this website I'll be more than happy to try them out :)

Where Bishop Patrick crossed the street
An "X" now marks the spot.
The light of God was with him,
But the traffic light was not. -Yip Harburg
LaPalida

Postby Sans_Deity » Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:44 pm

I'm not sure how I overlooked this, but I really like what you've done. The second graphic, with the more-frontal view of the horses is my favorite of those two and on the text logos, I really like the font and layout of the first one, but prefer the wheel of the third one.

There are definitely some great ideas there, and it would certainly be nice to have a custom image rather than the generic one I have up there now. :)

-Matt
Sans_Deity
Iron Chariots Admin

Postby Carneades » Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:57 am

The second chariot with the two horses in friggin' awesome! I also like the third "IRON CHARIOTS" design, but I think it might look better if the wheel was sized a bit smaller so it matched the height of the other letters in "CHARIOTS." Fantastic work LaPalida!
"We have begun to contemplate our origins: starstuff pondering the stars..." -Carl Sagan
Carneades

Postby LaPalida » Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:36 pm

Thanks guys. I am hoping to get more busy with this project soon. So far it seems you guys like an illustrative logo with horses. It's pretty much what I wanted to do :). I think combining two of the concepts may be too busy looking but I can always try. I'll post some of my wips later on so you guys can give me more feedback.
Where Bishop Patrick crossed the street
An "X" now marks the spot.
The light of God was with him,
But the traffic light was not. -Yip Harburg
LaPalida

Return to Wiki Feedback