Index

Feedback, questions and concerns about the main site

Index

Postby l1soul » Sat Jul 22, 2006 5:15 am

Shouldn't there be a link to an index or site map on the main page? Maybe in the left hand link bar.

No intention to push...but nothing speeds up research like a good site map.

l1soul.

I'm not sure what kind of site map would look right, since it's all kind of eclectic. Here's a list of all the categories we have, if that helps:
http://wiki.ironchariots.org/index.php? ... Categories

Perhaps a broad map would just offer up links to several of these categories, something like this:

People:
-- Atheists
-- Theists
-- Agnostic
Arguments:
-- For God
-- Against God
Philosophical positions:
-- Atheism
-- Science
-- Christianity
-- Judaism
-- etc
Sources:
-- Web sites
-- Organizations
-- Books

Is that sort of what you had in mind? You can create something along those lines if you start an article under "Iron Chariots: Site map". We can always either delete it later or decide whether to link it from the main page.
l1soul

Postby Sans_Deity » Wed Jul 26, 2006 7:38 am

Sorry for the delayed replay.

I'm not sure if the wiki includes sitemap functionality, but we could certainly add a homemade pseudo-sitemap to the main page - as sort of a "Where to start" portal.

On a side note, and this probably wasn't clear...this forum is for the main website and not for the wiki. (It's really not a problem right now, but it may be in the future...just an FYI).

-Matt
Sans_Deity
Iron Chariots Admin

Yes...and...Sorry

Postby l1soul » Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:42 am

I'm not sure if the wiki includes sitemap functionality, but we could certainly add a homemade pseudo-sitemap to the main page - as sort of a "Where to start" portal.

The map you described is pretty much what I was talking about. It's a good idea to work up a wiki page. I'll see what I can do to put it together. As you say, the worst that can happen is that it doesn't prove useful and is removed.

On a side note, and this probably wasn't clear...this forum is for the main website and not for the wiki. (It's really not a problem right now, but it may be in the future...just an FYI).

No a problem. Thanks for letting me know. I'll keep it in mind.

Ed M.[/quote]
l1soul

Return to Main Site Feedback