IMPORTANT --- Post Access Requests Here

Post here to request member access

Moderators: dromedaryhump1, eebamxela, Dust, bugsoup, Marathon

IMPORTANT --- Post Access Requests Here

Postby Sans_Deity » Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:49 pm

Due to complaints about spammers, we've changed the way the forums work. This "Access Requets" forum is the only forum that is open to registered users. I've added a "Member" group that each individual will need to join in order to post in the other forums.

I've added many of you to the member group already, though I didn't add everyone. Some folks have been inactive or simply never posted, so I didn't bother to add them. They'll still be able to view the internal forums, but won't be able to post until granted 'Member' group access.

If you haven't registered - please do so.

After you've registered, post here to be added to the Member group, which allows you to post on the internal forums. You can also send me a private message to request access.

This is a one-time step and if anyone finds that their permissions are incorrect, please send me a message.

I'll be checking this forum regularly. If there's a message here, I'll verify the individual, add them to the Member group and delete the post - which should keep this forum pretty clean and eliminate the spam we've been seeing.
-Matt
Iron Chariots Admin (www.ironchariots.org)
Sans_Deity
Iron Chariots Admin

Postby Kazim » Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:31 pm

Please pay attention to this message if you want membership privileges in a timely manner.

In order to request membership with posting privileges, you must write a note here to show you're not a spammer. When you do so, you will make our jobs a lot easier if you have some actual content in your request, like "Hi, I'm an atheist" or "Would like to discuss the latest episode of (whatever)" or SOMETHING to prove that you have a personality. If you just say "Give me access please!" then we remain suspicious that you might be spam. I know how much work it is to write that extra sentence, but please give a second's thought to the people who have to make a judgment call on dozens of requests. ;)

There are two people moderating this board, me and BarbaraK. When you post to this forum, it's entirely likely that it will take a few days (at least?) to approve you. If it takes more than a week, I invite you to email me, Russell, using "rglasser at apollowebworks dot com".

And finally, Note to spammers: I realize that this remark is futile since you are all bots anyway. But seriously: I know this is the only post on the entire forum where you can comment, but it's wasting your time as much as mine. Your spam will not stay around, it will not contribute to search engines, it may pile up for a few days but it will be gone before it has a chance to accomplish anything.
Last edited by Kazim on Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.
If you did not like the writing style in this message, then you will certainly not enjoy my blog, which is at:
http://kazimskorner.blogspot.com/
Kazim
Iron Chariots Admin

Re: IMPORTANT --- Post Access Requests Here

Postby Kazim » Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:38 pm

Added the following users:
Jamesey Bear
jeremybr2525
jonmilne
lack
SapperDon
Spikutus
Niels
roguetech
russlowm
SeekerofTruth
jingleflicks

Sorry for taking so long!!
If you did not like the writing style in this message, then you will certainly not enjoy my blog, which is at:
http://kazimskorner.blogspot.com/
Kazim
Iron Chariots Admin

Postby SomeGuySomewhere » Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:20 pm

I would like to be able to post to other topics/ forums.... I have a particularly annoying theist argument I want to crush and want some advice.
SomeGuySomewhere

Postby darkangelx » Wed Dec 25, 2013 5:55 am

Access request please. Not sure if people still post, but hey, love the show and wish to discuss if others are still doing so.
darkangelx

Postby Rogue » Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:00 pm

Hi Gandalf
May I pass please?

I am an atheist from the Great White North, eastern division.
Verily I say on to thee: mellon!
Rogue

Postby Skrymir » Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:56 pm

[quote="Rogue"]Hi Gandalf
May I pass please?

I am an atheist from the Great White North, eastern division.
Verily I say on to thee: mellon![/quote]

Sorry, we're all stuck in Purgatory for the duration. Not sure what the Middle Earth equivalent would be.
Skrymir

Postby HoneychurchGipsy » Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:10 pm

Hi I am an atheist with a particular interest in language, and the way different meanings of words are interchanged during an argument, by apologists.
HoneychurchGipsy

Postby mjplatt » Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:24 am

Thanks for adding me to the members list. I must have watched virtually every archived Atheist Experience show I could find, and have read most of this site. Have been an atheist most of my life, but didn't have a name for it. I may post irregularly, but I will post.
Looking forward to meeting some of you in the future.
mjplatt

Postby apb000 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:12 pm

Hey, a field I can write in! I was wondering if that was possible on this site. Hello. I would like to be added to the group. I am not a spam bot; in fact I am an atheist in every way except that I consider computers to be a tool of the devil. Please shake whatever rattle, do whatever dance, drink whatever hallucinogenic herbs you must, and implore the great and powerful silicon god ERROR to admit me to the faithful. Thanks.
apb000

Postby Neurotic » Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:03 pm

The last post made me crave a glass of wine.... hmm.... anyway. May I have access? I'm a real person and I'm willing to provide urine and blood samples!
Neurotic

Postby Thomas Tarrants » Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:19 pm

I'm writing this humbly requesting access... but it looks like this thread is so swamped in spam that I would be unsurprised if my post doesn't float to the top and get read. :(
Thomas Tarrants

Postby JLW » Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:09 am

Hi. New member here requesting access to post. Thanks!
JLW

Postby Mackrooch » Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:39 pm

Hi. I am not a spammer and I'd like to join this forum although I have my doubts I'll get noticed between those walls of text. Atheist from Poland reporting in.
Mackrooch

Postby Yrreg » Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:57 pm

[quote="Sans_Deity"]Due to complaints about spammers, we've changed the way the forums work. This "Access Requets" forum is the only forum that is open to registered users. I've added a "Member" group that each individual will need to join in order to post in the other forums.

I've added many of you to the member group already, though I didn't add everyone. Some folks have been inactive or simply never posted, so I didn't bother to add them. They'll still be able to view the internal forums, but won't be able to post until granted 'Member' group access.

If you haven't registered - please do so.

After you've registered, post here to be added to the Member group, which allows you to post on the internal forums. You can also send me a private message to request access.

This is a one-time step and if anyone finds that their permissions are incorrect, please send me a message.

I'll be checking this forum regularly. If there's a message here, I'll verify the individual, add them to the Member group and delete the post - which should keep this forum pretty clean and eliminate the spam we've been seeing.[/quote]

You say:

[quote="Sans_Deity"]After you've registered, post here to be added to the Member group, which allows you to post on the internal forums. You can also send me a private message to request access.
[/quote]

I am now posting this message in your thread here, may I now receive Member group status so that I can post on internal forums?

Yrreg
Yrreg

Next

Return to Access Requests